Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:55:11 +0100
From:      "Jakob Breivik Grimstveit" <jakob@grimstveit.net>
To:        <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Evolution 1.4.5 hanging, won't start

For some time now (FreeBSD 4.8) my Evolution 1.4.5 has been going slower and slower, and often crashing (or, not responding, making me have to kill all evolution processes and try again).

Now it won't start at all. I have many folders, most indexed maildirs, some regular mailboxes. Probably about 22.000 messages:

[jakobbg@dune jakobbg]$ du -hs evolution/
2.0G    evolution/

[jakobbg@dune jakobbg]$ find evolution/local/Inbox/ -print | wc -l
   22249

Now I'm wondering how to fix this damn issue of Evolution not loading for me at all.

I strace'd the evolution process like this:

[jakobbg@dune jakobbg]$ strace evolution 1>stdout 2>stderr

File is available here: http://www.grimstveit.no/~jakob/files/temp/evol_strace

Trying to do a `portupgrade -fR evolution` for now, but don't actually think that'll help.

Also got someone telling me to supply orbit info:

ORBit-0.5.17_1      High-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language
ORBit2-2.8.2        High-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C language

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vyrdsamt...
Jakob Breivik Grimstveit, Morvikbotn 341, 5122 Morvik, 55195667, 48298152
jakob@grimstveit.net, www.grimstveit.net/jakob/
System Integrator, Star Shipping, jakob.grimstveit@starshipping.com, 55239715