Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 12:24:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Bryne E. Parrott" <bryne@obelisk.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Future Domain  SCSI Controller cards

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997, Bryne E. Parrott wrote:

> I am was wondering if there were going to be any support for any other
> Future Domain products.  I understand that the TMC-950 is supported but I
> also noticed that others were not such as 16x0 and 32xx cards.  The 16x0
> cards with (BIOS VER. TMC-1800/18C30/18C50/36C70 Chip sets) are supported
> by LINUX and SCO UNIX operating systems.
>

> I would seem to me that adding support for this product would be a benefit
> over all do to te fact that so many are still in service.  Question: is
> there any plans to offer support for these controllers?

Someone has to volunteer to write these drivers.  Apparently no one has
stepped forward to develop these.  You can try asking on scsi@freebsd.org,
but I doubt there's anyone working on these.

Now, if you have some programming experience and want to learn how to
write FreeBSD device drivers, YOU could write the driver...:)