Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 12:42:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/15822: Update port misc/HomeDaemon to V0.99

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:

# Fine.  Your call, of course.  The code will and does live without you folks
# - after all, it was never intended as a PORT in the first place.

Neither were about 2900 programs but they made it into the ports
collection. :)

# Gee, you're assuming I keep PR numbers around in some kind of database.

You don't have to.  We do that for you already.  All you have to do
is go to this URL, type in your name in the Originator field, and
click the Query PR's button.

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query

# I don't.  I made a contribution; if the [Gods of FreeBSD Ports] don't want it,
# then fine - reject it and be done with it.  If you do want it then commit it
# and be done with it.

Noone said we didn't want the port or your software.  We also don't
have any Ports Gods, though we do have one resident Wraith. :)

Just for reference Karl, I am a committer and the GNATS database
administrator.  I am a human contrary to some's beliefs that I
am some form of assembly code.  As I said I can speak only for
myself and not the FreeBSD Project.  Feel free to call me on
anything I've done in the interest of FreeBSD that you take
deference to.

No doubt your port will be committed (possibly with a few changes)
in the near future, but noone can give you an exact time.  We do
our best, but we all have lifes oustide of FreeBSD to tend to.

-steve