Date:      Wed, 03 Sep 2008 00:21:13 -0700
From:      Jeremy Johnston <jeremy@stormy.smart-serv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nss_ldap leaving sockets open

I seem to have encountered a rather annoying and puzzling problem, I am
running nss_ldap on 7.0-STABLE with openldap-server 2.4.11 on the same
server. I have nss_ldap configured to connect over a unix socket. This
works great except for the fact it seems the connections are never being
closed. When I checked earlier today with (netstat -n | grep -c
slapd.sock) it reported 441 instances.

I have bind_policy set to soft and nss_connect_policy set to oneshot and
this still seems to be occuring.

Any hints or clues on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated.