Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:53:45 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic: vm_object_terminate: freeing busy page 0xc0fbcdc4

Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> writes:
>     I have no idea what 4.5-p4 is.  Is it RELENG_4 (stable) or RELENG_4_5
>     (the security branch), and what was the build date?

It's RELENG_4_5 (the security branch) but the 4th patched release of
that, build date is:

  FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p4 #2: Fri May  3 21:15:50 PDT 2002

>     The reason I am asking is that there was a bug fixed sometime during the
>     4.5 cycle where a VM object could be freed while still holding pages
>     undergoing I/O, resulting in this sort of panic.  The fix is not a
>     simple one-liner, however, so if this is what is causing your problem
>     the best thing to do is probably to upgrade to the latest -stable.

Ahhh, ok. Thanks a bunch, there -is- a fix. =)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

There is no reality except the one contained within us.
That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They
take the images outside them for reality and never allow the
world within to assert itself.