Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:11:17 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
Cc:        patl@phoenix.volant.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is xtend in the base system?

> 	No, someone (perhaps you) posted an argument similar to the one you are
> putting forward here in a previous post. That does not equal "settled"
> in my book, as far as I'm concerned it's just another data point.

The law of diminishing returns, however, would strongly suggest that
it's time to kill this thread.  If you're interested in making moral
stands, make them elsewhere.  Practically speaking, this issue is NOT
worth the debate it has generated, whether there's an "entrenched
status quo" or not.  Let's not forget common sense in our choice of
"causes", people!

					Jordan