Date:      Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:49:13 -0500
From:      "Clarence Brown" <clabrown@granitepost.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   clearing console messages

I'm running cesspit to update my machine to
4.4 stable. While cesspit was running on the
first screen I Alt-F2'ed to the 2nd screen to
enter a few commands and check something.
When I went back to Alt-F1 (first screen)
where cesspit is running, there is a console
message that I logged in on ttyv1 overtop of the
display for cesspit. The cesspit status is still
scrolling "under" the console message. The
problem is that the console message is right
at the bottom 2 lines where the cesspit status
and messages are scrolling from. This means
that I can't see the current status because it is
covered up by the console message.

Is there anyway to clear that console message
so I can see the current status of cesspit under it?

The cesspit screen is a "pretty" formatted text
screen like those in the /stand/sysinstall utility.

Thanks, Cla.