Date:      24 Jan 2003 14:18:27 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: YAMM - Yet Another Mozilla Mail ;-)

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 13:07, Franz Klammer wrote:
> hello!
>
> just for info.
> maybe it helps a little to track down the problem.
>
> to try it out, yesterday i've installed mozilla-1.3a
> with xft and gtk2 support.
> (on -current with -march=pentiumpro and -O2 ;o))
>
> everything works well if i'm don't think about that i have
> to run it with root-rights: sudo mozilla.
> (the same i've written yesterday regarding 1.2.1/gtk/xft)

Okay, I've reproduced the crash with Galeon 1.3.1 and Mozilla with
GTK2.  The problem is an expat conflict.  expat is being linked from
fontconfig instead of the static version that is included with Mozilla.
This would be okay, except that Galeon is doing something bad.

As for Mozilla with GTK2 not running in GNOME 2.1, this does work.  You
might have to do:

chown -R <user> ~/.mozilla

to get it to work.

Joe