Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 02:06:44 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Afterwards tty output binding ...

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, O. Hartmann wrote:

> So, how can I bind the output of a job that belongs to me to a new
> terminal window?

You cant. The job may have set up the terminal in all sorts of ways. Exact
reasons why were discussed on hackers...or was it chat...a while
back. This feature was suggested by jkh I think...or perhaps my memory is
playing up again....

For the future, either redirect the output of the job to a file or use
screen.

Andrew