Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:06:45 -0800
From:      "David P. Reese Jr." <daver@gomerbud.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree 4.3.0 and NVidia binary drivers

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:11:12 -0500 Jason Andresen wrote:
> Has anybody tested the NVidia binary drivers with XFree 4.3 yet?  I'm a
> little reluctant to update, but I don't expect another driver out of
> Nvidia for some time.

I just built 4.3.0 last night.  I'm having no problems with the nvidia
drivers.  I can use 'mplayer -vo xv' with no problems and quake3 runs nicely.

[daver@tombstone:~]$ uname -r
5.0-RELEASE-p3
[daver@tombstone:~]$ dmesg | grep nvidia
Preloaded elf module "/boot/kernel/nvidia.ko" at 0xc065c0a8.
nvidia0: <GeForce2 GTS> mem 0xd0000000-0xd7ffffff,0xda000000-0xdaffffff irq 10 at device 0.0 on pci1

--

   David P. Reese Jr.                                      daver@gomerbud.com