Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 14:19:24 -0700
From:      "John A. Hengstler" <john@atbd.com>
To:        "Adam" <bsdx@looksharp.net>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: building 4.0-stable on 5-current

I had the same problem about a month ago, and did the following steps to get
to 4.0-stable from 5.0-current:

1. change tag to RELENG_4 and cvsup in 5.0
2. Did a minimal 4.0-release sysinstall from CD (NO SOURCE)
3. rebooted using 4.0-generic...
4. make world, and rebuilt kernel, rebooted
5. Did a final cvsup to make sure source was up to date.

Whether this is the right way or not, it worked for me!

Good luck

John A. Hengstler
Inventory Control Manager

The America Group Inc.