Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:08:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Russell Husain <russ_husain@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Cooperation Needed !

Hi,

My name is Sarwat and I've been offered to teach UNIX at North
American Computer Consultants (NACC), its a well know professional
computer training institution in S. California. Not only that I've
been offered to design the course. They are Novell and MS certified
Training Center and are planning on using SCO/UnixWare for the course
or they said may be Linux since every one is talking about it.

I proposed a completely different kind of UNIX called, FreeBSD.

Although I discovered FreeBSD about six months ago, I soon fell in
love. I still like Linux and other Unices (except SCO/Unixware) but
FreeBSD is my favorite now. I've never ran into a situation where I
was looking for a FreeBSD binary of an application and couldn't find
it. Its going head to head with Linux, even though their are many more
developers contributing to the development of Linux (also the reason
for it being so popular).

Since the time I discovered it I've been telling people about FreeBSD
and a lot of times getting into "flame wars" on the newsgroups etc.

Now that I am asked by NACC to put a course together I think this
would be a wonderful opportunity for me to spread the word. I'm
writing to you cause a while back someone had serveral FreeBSD CD-ROMs
wanting to give away, I didn't have any use for them then but now I
do. I told NACC that I had connections and I could get free FreeBSD
CD-ROMs for the students so they could take them home and learn it. I
told them that they could give-away these CDs as part of the course.
They liked the idea. The Unix course would come about in a few months,
but I need to know if it is possible so that I can put the complete
course/package together.

I think this would be a great opportunity for FreeBSD to market their
product. Also I think you should donate the CD-ROMs to community
colleges and other institutions. The more you do that, more and more
people will demand FreeBSD.

I've already taken up too much of your time, thanks for your
consideration. Please let me know what your thoughts are, I don't need
the CDs yet.

Sincerely,
Sarwat.