Date:      Sun, 08 Apr 2001 15:58:41 -0000
From:      "Kam Salisbury" <netalchemist@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum volume restore help?

Ok, I admit my cavalier attitude may have gotten me into more trouble than a
command shell can fix this time.

I saved my configuration files for my vinum mirror and installed a new root
file system (ad4) 10GB. The vinum mirror is on ad6 and ad7, both 20GB
drives. I can restore my vinum.conf but cannot figure out how to get the
vinum mirror back. I am reluctant to issue a "newfs..." command like what is
found in the instructions at freebsddiary.org (how I made my mirror in the
first place)

"Any" help or even an admonishment is helpful and appreciated as there is
about 7GB of data on that mirror which is now backed up.

I know, I know... I am not looking good because of the lack of a backup for
the data. I blame this on my click-n-play NT background where you can just
break the mirror and re-create it again. Problem is, I am so unfamiliar with
vinum I am afraid to issue commands in the man pages that say "for emergency
use only"

Help?

Kam Salisbury
Network Alchemist
http://www.salsolutions.net/

PS. Yes, I should have known better and promise to never do this particuliar
foolery again... :[