Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2014 13:12:24 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        eras mus <erasmu@gmail.com>
Cc:        Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 17:23+0530, eras mus wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:18:34 +0530
> > eras mus <erasmu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear List,
> > >
> > > I am maintaining  a FreeBSD server Box, recently i am facing a issue
> > > that the server unable to  access via ssh, its not pinging. The
> > > Server after a forced restart is up for some time. Able to login from
> > > a remote machine as well as a physical console for sometime. After a
> > > few minutes the sever console be pinged or ssh. In server console
> > > also the machine hungs unable to enter root password in the prompt.
> > > If I do a power restart it is restarting up again and I can ssh also
> > > login from the console, but after few minutes it hungs no ssh and
> > > pinging from LAN machine not possible. How to trouble shoot, Please
> > > shed some light on it.
> >
> > sounds like a hardware problem to me.
> >
> > The server was running fine for some time before?
> >
> > Erich
>
> Dear List,
>
> This is the /var/log/messages output
> http://pastebin.com/Td2JetmK

Judging from the log messages, your server lost its network
connection or maybe ipfw is to blame.

Please post the contents of the /etc/rc.conf file.
Also, please give us the output of the ipconfig command.

You may cross out (XXXX) any information you consider sensitive.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |