Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:16:34 -0700
From:      Phil <oz@nixil.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: apache13-1.3.27

I have a request for an addition to the ports-base that affects apache
and all related ports that interact with the web server documentroot.

I would like a define in bsd.port.mk like:

WEBDOCDROOT?=		   $(LOCALBASE)/www

or replicate what is done in zope and define something like
WEBBASEDIR.  Though I prefer an absolute path declaration unlike
what zope uses in it's makefile.

This would allow me (at work mainly) to redefine the location and
not have the rest of the ports tree break and install into this
directory regardless of the actual location. Additional defines like
apxs would be nice as well.. though not something I require at this
time myself.

Comments?

Phil.