Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:44:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian  <root@cinch.rt66.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vfat fs in freebsd?

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Brian wrote:
>
> >  Does anyone know if freebsd has vfat fs support?
>
> Not directly, but vmount can mount them okay and support is coming in 3.0,
> I think.  I have a copy of vmount at ftp://gdi.uoregon.edu/pub/vmount*.

  Now will this mount like win95's fs, and be like its fs, and not
msdos's? I've always used vfat support in my linux kernel, and it worked
pretty nicely.. Been working with freebsd now, trying to tweak it for my
home desktop box, and I have a win95 partition.. and thats why I asked
about if fbsd had vfat support, does vmount do this?