Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:56:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        peter@netplex.com.au, mike@smith.net.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is it soup yet? :-)

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> I can see we are simply of two minds on this issue. :) What do some of
> the others think?

I like the idea of having /boot (and killing /usr/mdec) and trashing lkms
asap. The kld flexibility is neat and /boot just seems to make sense.
I think this stuff is a _big_ step forward (and it's a shame it wasn't
ready for 3.0).

I've read Peter's concerns about systems that were disklabelled ages
ago, but I question the length of time we are expected to support disk
allocations from the past. Let's move forward...

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137