Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 13:46:18 +0200
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem: xcdroast-0.98.a.8

Hi *,

after installing FreeBSD 4.3 from scratch I cd into
/usr/ports/sysutils/xcdroast and did a make install. cdrtools-1.10 and
mkisofs-1.14 where installed as dependencys.
The installation went fine, no errors have been reported.

Typing xcdrgtk gives me the following:

  Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 12 (Cannot allocate memory)

  ** WARNING **: X-CD-Roast does not seem to have the correct permissions set

  ** WARNING **: So do as root something like that: (and read the Manual)
           chown root:cdwrite xcdrgtk; chmod 2755 xcdrgtk

  *** NOTE ***:
          This permission warning and the following set-uid bit warnings
          can be safely ignored, if you want to run X-CD-Roast as root only.

  ** WARNING **: No /usr/X11R6/bin/cdrecord installed

  ** WARNING **: (Invalid lib-directory? Check -l option)

After ln -s /usr/local/bin/cdrecord /usr/X11R6/bin/cdrecord and a new xcdrgtk
the following happened:

  Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed: error 12 (Cannot allocate memory)

  ** WARNING **: X-CD-Roast does not seem to have the correct permissions set

  ** WARNING **: So do as root something like that: (and read the Manual)
           chown root:cdwrite xcdrgtk; chmod 2755 xcdrgtk

  *** NOTE ***:
          This permission warning and the following set-uid bit warnings
          can be safely ignored, if you want to run X-CD-Roast as root only.

  ** WARNING **: Installation problem? No set-uid bit on /usr/X11R6/lib/xcdroast-0.98/bin/cdrecord

  ** WARNING **: Invalid cdrecord version 1.10 found. Expecting version 1.9

Can anybody please give me a hint, what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
         Olli
--
Dipl.-Inform. (Univ.) Oliver Braun