Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:13:06 -0800
From:      John Martinez <rolnif@mac.com>
To:        Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs performance

On Monday, December 30, 2002, at 01:12  PM, Scott Ballantyne wrote:

> I could never get NFS to work reliably on Linux....

I'd  like to chime in on this.

There are some serious problems with Linux NFS support. At the company
where I work, we use Solaris NFS servers on Sun hardware, with a mix of
many UNIX clients (including some BSD and Mac OS X). The biggest
problems come from Linux clients.

The interesting thing to note with Linux is that it hoses itself after
a while. If the user reboots their Linux client, the problems go away
for a few weeks.

We've messed with options in automount and AMD, but no help.

-john