Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:30:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/32512: Problems in Makefile.am of some KDE 2.2.2 packages

>Number:         32512
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Problems in Makefile.am of some KDE 2.2.2 packages
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD poison.ncptiddische.net 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Sat Dec 1 11:06:03 CET 2001 root@poison.ncptiddische.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/POISON i386

	I wanted to update some of our desktop machines here to KDE 2.2.2
	using the newly updated ports today, but there seems to be a
	problem. While kdelibs2 and kdebase2 work, at least kdegames2 and
	koffice fail with the following error message (which is taken
	from kdegames2, but looks similar with koffice):

*** Creating acinclude.m4
!!! If you get recursion errors from autoconf, it is advisable to set the
    environment variable M4 to something including "--nesting-limit=500"
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
lskat/lskatproc/Makefile.am:1: bin_PROGRAMS multiply defined in condition TRUE

# claim, which subdirectories you want to install
# you can add here more. This one gets installed
  bin_PROGRAMS (User, where = 1) =
  {
    TRUE => lskatproc
  }
gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** Error code 2

>How-To-Repeat:
	Try compiling kdegames2 / koffice yourself!

>Fix:
	I don't have a diff handy, but bin_PROGRAMS is indeed defined
	twice in lskat/lskatproc/Makefile.am. Manually deleting the double
	definition fixed the problem. I'm currently trying to see if this
	works with koffice and probably other kde 2.2.2 packages that
	won't build as well, but I guess it will.

	I don't know if my attempt at fixing this was the corret way
	of doing things, but it works here. As other users start noting
	this problem (I just know one other user beside me at this time),
	I guess FreeBSD's KDE folks should have a look at this.

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
 SEND-PR: -*- send-pr -*-
 SEND-PR: Lines starting with `SEND-PR' will be removed automatically, as
 SEND-PR: will all comments (text enclosed in `<' and `>').
 SEND-PR:
 SEND-PR: Please consult the send-pr man page `send-pr(1)' or the Texinfo
 SEND-PR: manual if you are not sure how to fill out a problem report.
 SEND-PR: Note that the Synopsis field is mandatory.
 SEND-PR:
 SEND-PR: Please note that (unless you state otherwise) if your report
 SEND-PR: includes a patch then it will be taken under the same license as
 SEND-PR: the one on the file(s) you want to change.
 SEND-PR:
 SEND-PR: Choose from the following categories:
 SEND-PR:
 SEND-PR: advocacy alpha    bin      conf     docs     gnu
 SEND-PR: i386     kern     misc     ports    sparc
 SEND-PR:
 To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
 From: Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
 Cc: