Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 20:54:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Gnu xgcc or as

I was wondering if anyone knows the build process for either gcc or the as
part of binutils well enough to tell me ... I've noticed, for the produced
binary for either gcc or as (the one for gcc is xgcc), when you try to
invoke them directly, for testing, they only preprocess their input, then
put the result out to stdout (even if you use a -o flag).  They won't
produce object files.

Howcome?

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.