Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2020 07:24:21 -0800
From:      Chris <portmaster@BSDforge.com>
To:        Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About protocols in openssl

On Fri, 28 Feb 2020 09:59:21 +0100 Willem Jan Withagen wjw@digiware=2Enl said

> On 28-2-2020 01:32, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2020, Willem Jan Withagen wrote:
> >

> > /home/jenkins/workspace/ceph-master/src/pybind/mgr/=2Etox/py3/lib/python3=
=2E7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/_openssl=2Eabi3=2Eso:
> >=20
> >> Undefined symbol "SSLv3_client_method"
> >
> > This looks to me that you are trying to build ceph in the virtualenv=20
> > which probably
> > pulls required python packages on its own=2E
> >
> > Can you make it to depend and use the existing=20
> > security/py-cryptography port?
> >
> > I don't know how exactly the ceph port is supposed to work but it=20
> > seems to
> > require virtualenv for its inner workings=2E You might want to force
> > virtual env to use FreeBSD-provided libraries with --system-site-packag=
es
> > but AFAIK it will no longer download anything, i=2Ee=2E all dependencies
> > need to packaged=2E
> >
> Interesting, since virtualenv/tox is used during testing with Continuous=
=20
> Integration=2E
> And there is where I need the stuff, the port/package comes without the=
=20
> testing stuff=2E
> People that want to develop stuff for Ceph really should use what is in=
=20
> the Git repo=2E
>=20
> > I have just ran "make test" in my ports tree to test py-cryptography
> > and got 1 error (TestECDSACertificate=2Etest_load_ecdsa_no_named_curve)
> > but nothing related to SSLv3_client_method being not there=2E
> I guess that is because the ports one does not require SSLv3, and is not=
=20
> complaining about missing it=2E
> Like you said, very likely virtualenv has pulled its own stuff, and that=
=20
> will require SSLv3
> Which is no longer available by default=C2=A0 in openSSL in ports=2E
>=20
> I'll try and see if I can get away with --system-site-packages, and=20
I feel your pain=2E I was working on a port I maintain 2 days ago, where
configure *insisted* that SSL wasn't available=2E It was driving me mad=2E
As all the while I assumed that it was the way I had crafted the Makefile,
or that the ports system had recently changed something=2E As a result I
acquired a far more intimate knowledge regarding how SSL is used in ports(7=
)=2E
Worst of it was; in the end, it turned out to be that configure was
searching for a symbol in the openssl library I was using, that had been
removed (renamed) between 1=2E1=2E1 && 1=2E1=2E1d=2E Sorry for the long preface=2E
But I mention it all because in doing it I'm pretty sure I know how you
can get away with what you're after (using the last version that allowed
what you need)=2E I need to get in front of my builder box, and grab the
logs=2E So I can give you the magic incantation for your Makefile=2E
I'll probably get a lot of grief for saying all this=2E So I'll share
those details off list=2E So as not to give instructions on how to subvert
the ports system=2E ;)

HTH

--Chris

FreeBSD 14=2E0-FUTURE #0=2E000 cray256