Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2001 19:06:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, <roberto@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: diskless boot broken in FBSD 4.4-STABLE

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, David Malone wrote:

Hello.

Thanks for your response, but I got a solution worked out by myself
(and it was more intuitive than elaborating things ...).

/diskless_root/etc and /diskless_root/conf/default/etc/ seem to __must__
be identical, so I have to make changes in one directory and then copy
each thing into the other. I did so, due to I remember myself that this
caused problems in the past.

It works now as expected.

I was a little bit nervous and afraid because several weeks ago changes
in the pxe bootloader killed the functionality of diskless booting and
droped our X-client pool out of order ...

Thanks alot and excuse please.