Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 95 15:08:58 CDT
From:      "David Kelly" <dkelly@iquest.com>
To:        "Carey Nairn" <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>, "John Utz" <spaz@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tkined-1.2

>>       nate williams can give u the particulars, he is responsible for
>> it, and he was the one who responed when i posted a panicy message about
>> how my homework wouldn't compile on 322...
>>

>Do you know if the problem with ld.so has been fixed in the latest SNAP ?
>
>BTW thanks to all who replied... I now have BLT-1.7 from
>ftp.syd.dit.csiro.au
>
>It won't compile the shared library but I assume that is because of the
>ld.so problem.  I would really like to get this sorted out.

Sounds like a problem I had with 322 where a small program would bomb
with signal 11 (segmentation violation). Found I could copy the program
before executing it, and all was fine. Or I could leave the symbols in
the executable. Once the file was stripped, signal 11 again. Went so far
as to use "send-pr" to report it.

950412 completely fixed the problem, as far as I can tell.

--
David Kelly N4HHE,   n4hhe@amsat.org,    dkelly@iquest.com
The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity