Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 19:53:21 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Testimonial

Marco Molteni writes:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > Sounds like if the publisher of Byte wanted to make a Real
> > Magazine out if it again, he'd hire a bunch of translators and
> > strike a deal with c't.
> > I'd prefer c't hire the translators themselves and publish under
> > their own name. I don't trust Byte anymore, not for a long time.
>
> Me too. Seriously, from what I've read on this list, c't seems very
> good. I suggest to put up a lobby among we FreeBSDers and let c't
> people know that we are interested in an english version. I think
> many other people (eg some Linux people, some BeOS people) can be
> very interested in it.
>
> Perhaps we could post some "call for lobbying" ;-) on the relevant
> newsgroups/mailing lists.

I suspect the best thing would be to frequent the english articles posted
on their web site. The fact people bother to hunt them down and read their
stuff would be the best way to indicate a demand for their product.

Don't know how much good English would do for Marco in Itay, but he
sure handles English better than I would Italian. About all the Italian
I know are "Ferrari" and "Michael Schumacher".  :-)

Had c't's URL once but can't find it now. Hint?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net