Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 1994 12:53:22 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Don't scream..

<<On Sun, 18 Dec 1994 13:22:05 -0800 (PST), Morgan Davis <root@io.cts.com> said:

> Destination      Gateway            Flags     Refs     Use  Interface
> default          nb40               UGc         0       10  ppp0

Note that this route has the RTF_PRCLONING (`c') flag set.

> fraggel65.mdstud nb40               UGHW3       0      305  ppp0
> sosco.sco.COM    nb40               UGHW3       0    51181  ppp0
> websco.sco.COM   nb40               UGHW3       0      275  ppp0

These three routes have the RTF_WASCLONED (`W') flag set, indicating
that they were created by cloning some other route (in this case, the
default).  Note also the RTF_PROTO3 (`3') flag, which for IP indicates
that the routes have no references and are in the process of being
timed out (which will happen in about four hours unless you change
that default using `sysctl').

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.