Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:47:18 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: nautilus-0.1.0_2

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:02:21AM -0500, Erik Rothwell wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a build / port / package for Nautilus
> that'll build properly with the Gnome 1.2 port on FreeBSD 4.2... I tried
> to make install && make clean in /usr/ports/x11-fm/nautilus but the
> Makefile told me something along the lines of 'this make is broken.'

Update your ports collection.  I "upgraded" ports/x11-fm/nautilus to
0.5 a few days ago.

> On another note, how well does the Nautilus run on FreeBSD? Is it any
> good? :-) I'm going for something "as cool as" Aqua ;-) lol

About as well as evolution.  ie: it takes hours to build, and produces
some really lovely (and large, and useless) corefiles.  Sadly, I don't
know enough about the several million lines of relevant GNOME code to
fix it, and am rapidly losing interest in trying to maintain something
that is so ridiculously Linux-specific that it's not really funny
any more.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			ade@FreeBSD.org