Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:03:42 -0500
From:      Weihang Wang <weihang@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on Virtualbox: No network access

Hi all,

I am running FreeBSD 8.1 in Virtualbox OSE as a guest OS on Ubuntu. Now =
the guest OS does not have network access. When using ifconfig, the =
virtual ethernet card le0 (when using PCI II) or pcn0 (when using PCnet =
FAST III) has no IP address. I have configured ifconfig_le0/pcn0=3D"DHCP" =
in /etc/rc.conf. But it still has no network access. In the virtualbox, =
I choose the networking mode "Bridged" or "NAT", they don't work, =
either. I found in the virtualbox the name of this virtual network =
interface is eth0. But when i use ifconfig, there is no eth0 in this =
operating system. I am a little mass and struggling in this problem =
several days and could not find a solution from the Internet.
Hope who have ideas about this could give me some possible solutions.
Thanks in advance.

Best,
W.W.=20=