Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 14:46:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Make world failure

Hi Bob Bishop;  On 28-Sep-97 you wrote:

>  I had exactly the same problem. Working my way through the
>  over-the-counter
>  remedies I too reached the rm -rf /usr/obj/* stage.
>
>  Actually, I cd to /usr/obj and rm -rf *. It refuses to remove several
>  leaf
>  files, citing "Operation not permitted" (errno 1 I assume). But I'm
>  root!

chflags -R noschg /usr/obj

>  works. Wierd or what?

I suspect this is a side effect of doing make install into /usr/obj.

The whole thing is wierd.  A major percentage of the traffic in this list
evolves around make problems.  It is an artifact of the language.

---

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313