Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:31:03 +0100
From:      Reifenberger Michael <Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de>
To:        "'Reginald S. Perry'" <reggie@lambdawerks.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   AW: Problem installing Oracle on FreeBSD-CURRENT

Hi,
you cant use the native devtools from 6.1 to relink Ora.
You have to use the compat-* tools and a Ora-patch for using them for
relinking under Linux.
This doesn't seem to work under FreeBSD though.
Ora uses /usr/i386-glibc.2.0.../bin/as which is a link to wrapper which
calls
as.real which execs i386-glibc.2.0.../lib/ld-... which fails under =
FreeBSD
... :-(
Sigh. Under RH 5.2 relink works under FreeBSD.
Havn't tried Ora8.1.5 yet.

Bye/2
------
Michael Reifenberger - IT, UNIX, R/3-Basis
Work: Michael.Reifenberger@plaut.de    Proj:
Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de
Pers: Michael@Reifenberger.com  Webspace: http://www.reifenberger.com