Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 1995 19:27:52 -0800
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Torbjorn Granlund <tege@matematik.su.se>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium bcopy

>I sent you patches to improve the support.s bcopy a few months ago.  I have
>not heard anything back (sic).  Maybe I should just give up, and use some
>other operating system, where bug reports and contributions from external
>people are considered?  Well, I won't give up just yet!  ;-)
>
>Now, that is a diplomatic way of starting a message...

   Umm, well, I never saw your message. I talked with a couple of other core
members and they didn't see it either. Where did you send it? We had some
problems with the mailing lists a few months ago that resulted in nearly all
of the developers being dropped from several lists, including the 'bugs' list.
We didn't even know it had happend for an embarrasingly large amount of time.
   Anyway, your optimization looks interesting and I do intend to try it out.
Thanks for your efforts and please don't get too discouraged.

-DG