Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:35:01 -0500
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Henrik W Lund" <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: The fear of cvsupping my ports...

Sounds like you are missing the /usr/ports INDEX file or it's messed
up big time. Try cvsup-ing the posts-base category. The INDEX file
is part of that category. The ports-base category only contains the
things that make the ports application function and will not effect
any of your port config files you have previous downloaded to your
hard drive. With out an current ports-base you have no bases from
which to debug other ports problems.  If you do not know how to do
this, contact me back and I will give you instructions.