Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:09:17 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        Andrea Campi <Andrea.Campi@it.worldonline.com>
Cc:        "'current@freebsd.org'" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, des@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem in fetch

[Making sure Dag-Erling gets the mail]

-On [20001026 18:45], Andrea Campi (Andrea.Campi@it.worldonline.com) wrote:
>When trying to install ports, very often I find everything freezes just
>after fetch completes. If I hit ^C and type "make install" again, the
>tarball is there, that's why I say that fetch is already done.
>If I hit ^T, I see fetch sitting in sbwait, the time not increasing.

Just a note, I got the same thing under 4-STABLE with the latest
sources.

You can run fetch with more verbosity.  See what that does.

I'll get a debug/verbose dump for you tomorrow DES.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands