Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:06:10 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@freebsd.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with FreeBSD ant port?

Hi Palle,

> Cool, I'll try the bootclasspath, or else patch the ant shell script. Do
> you have any suggestions for a name for the environment variable?

Well, if the bootclasspath (or sysclasspath or so) doesn't work, then I will
patch the ant shell script. Perhaps I should patch the script anyway.

> Still, is it really needed to include $localbase/classes/java/*.jar at
> all? I still think it makes ant a bit undeterministic.

Please define 'a bit undeterministic' ? Isn't that a contradictio
interminus? :-) IMHO the current behaviour makes life easy for Java users
on FreeBSD and makes the JAR repository at ${PREFIX}/share/java/classes
really useful.

> Anyother thing about the jakarta-ant port; why does it install into
> /usr/local instead of /usr/local/share/java? I see no reason for this?

AFAIK there is no rule that says that Java _applications_ should be
installed below ${PREFIX}/share/java. Only libraries are installed there.
If you have any evidence against that let me know and I will change the
port.

Ernst