Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 17:52:07 -0600
From:      Dan Potter <shun@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: when is 4.0 up for release ?

I recall waay back on Mar 07 when Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 14:33:18 -0600, Mohit Aron wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	is FreeBSD-4.0-RELEASE going to happen anytime soon ?
>
> Looks like it is scheduled for Monday, March 13th.
>
> Obviously that could change if problems crop up.

Has anyone thought about the problem I posted a few days ago (getcwd()
breaks on unionfs in some conditions)? That seems like a pretty big
problem to me... maybe not too many people use unionfs though, I don't
know.

If someone would give me a tip about where I should look in the kernel I
would fix the problem myself but I am lost when you move past the specific
fs driver.

Also I've seen a number of strange freezes with one development box that's
running 20000223. That may have been fixed, but we've had to go hit reset
on the thing several times. No, this isn't a FUD-filled-content-free "bug
flame", I'm just pointing out that there have been problems that
recently..

--
When a girl can read the handwriting on the wall, she may be in the wrong
rest room.