Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 09:20:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Seeking OK to commit KSE MIII-again

ok, but does anyone other than john (who has commented) have any comments
about the logic and work in the change?

I'm working on his comments but comments by others would sure be
appreciated..
especially if they actually comment on what I'm trying to do..

If I can get the changes for the other architectures done,
I'd like to commit this weekend. HOPEFULLY it shouldn't
affect normal operations but of course the testing done by two people
can't hope to equal that which will be done in teh first 24 hours
once it's committed :-)

once again:

the diffs are at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/kse.diff
and
http://people.freebsd.org/~julian/thediff
and the diffs I need for other architectures are versions of:

sys/i386/i386/genassym.c (small)
sys/i386/i386/machdep.c (1 line)
sys/i386/i386/swtch.s (a few lines)
sys/i386/i386/trap.c  (small)
sys/i386/i386/vm_machdep.c (largly new functions, we could stub them)
sys/i386/include/kse.h (new file)
sys/i386/linux/linux_machdep.c (one line)

Largely these need to be written by someone who is intimately aquainted
with the register set of the machine in question and knows
what registers need to be saved to restore a user context correctly.

julian