Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:10:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   mtools vs mount

I have found true joy and happiness in the ease-of-use this "mtools"
utility (and her sisters) affords me!!  But it leaves me wondering two things:

1. It doesn't seem to support wildcards (i.e. `mmove a:*.sh .`)

2. Why doesn't `mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy` support long filenames so
I can just work directly with the diskette? (e.g. I want to tar and gzip all
the files on my floppy but first must mcopy them all to a temporary
directory *then* tar and gzip the local copies unless you have a better way)

PS - If you've read this far, here's a handy tip to say thanks!  Try `mdir
a: | sort +4 -5` to sort the listing alphabetically by full filename.

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder