Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:17:55 -0200
From:      "Antonio Carlos Pina" <apina@infolink.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   internal compiler error signal 4 making buildword in 4.2-RELEASE fresh install

Hello,

In a fresh 4.2-RELEASE install, I've made a new Kernel configuration from
GENERIC (called TEST1, the same as GENERIC except by CPU_386, 486 and 586
are commented out)

Whenever I try "make buildworld" inside "/usr/src", I get:

(cc1) uid 0: exited on signal 4 (core dumped)
cc: internal compiler error (got signal 4)

It happens in the beginning, while compiling
/usr/src/games/fortune/strfile/strfile.c

I disabled internal and external cache, the same occurred.

This is a Pentium III 800EMhz (bus 100Mhz), adaptec pci 2940w, Seagate
Cheetah 9gb, 256MB.

I'm starting to run a memory test, though. Any ideas ?

Best regards,

Antonio Carlos Pina
apina@infolink.com.br