Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:21:56 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Micke Josefsson' <mj@isy.liu.se>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Subject:   RE: Defragmentation

Agreed.  I have never seen anything above 3%, on a disk that has been
hammered for months.  I would only start to worry if disk usage were above,
say, 80% AND I saw high fragmentation (above 5-6%).  The work involved in
taking a copy of the FS and rebuuilding disk setups (or manually copying and
deleting files :o\  ) is too much to contemplate!

I didn't know about tunefs, though, so thanks for that gem!

Dan