Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:25:16 +0000
From:      Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>
To:        mdragon@vera.net
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SYM 0.9.0-19991024 O.K.

> Last night we tested this controller on a HP-Netserver LH4 (53c895 fast40
> scsi) this machine has 2 Xeons and 4 9Gb-10,000 rpm. disks and we found
> no problems and a performace(*) gain of roughly 3-4% over the standard
> ncr0 controller. 3 disks are configured as a ccd device with a 8192
> interleave, Kernel 3.3-stable.

I have been running SYM 0.9.0 on an HP LPr, 2x7200rpm 9gb
(50-100tps on a webcache) for two days. I am happy with the
driver so far.

> - Is someone working on the AMI MegaRAID controller ?

Mike Smith has requested Mylex, AMI, DELL, and HP RAID
controllers for driver development and testing.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=63596+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-isp/19991010.freebsd-isp