Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:13:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any objection to the following?

> > I thought the idea was to centralize as much as possible in
> > /etc/rc.conf.  This seems to be a step backwards....
>
> To an extent, yes.  However it's still damn hard to edit, and I really
> see rc.conf's current format as more of a transitional thing anyway -
> we really should have something which is machine editable there in the

Hey, no arguement from me about the difficultly in following rc.conf.  I
would have preferred sticking with /etc/sysconfig personally since it's
much easier to follow and understand, especially if this is
transitional.

But, in any case my comments were observational, not objections.  You
don't see me stepping up to the plate to take a shot at fixing it, do
you? *grin*

Nate