Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 00:57:13 -0500
From:      Perry Lucas <perry@vt.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting a primary dos drive

I having a problem trying to mount a primary dos partition.
I am typing the following:

mount -t dos /dev/wd1 /dos

I get something along the lines of:

exec mount_msdos /usr/sbin.. for /dos :  No such file or directory

When I type:

mount -t msdos /dev/wd1 /dos

I get invalid arguements.

The drive is my D: in dos and is one primary parition in size.  I
really need to be able to mount this so I can copy over the
latest XFree8632a.  (The fix for the Diamond Stealth 3000 3D
Virge/VX is in here.)  I can not copy it to disk as some of the
files are greater than 1.4 megs compressed as is, and I haven't
even attempted to configure a dialout slip/ppp connection
to the internet yet so that I can d/l it right to Freebsd.

Thanks
--Perry