Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:48:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   Imakefile for a library??

  I need help from anyone who is an X-Window hacker.  I'm
  looking for a sample Imakefile that I can modify and drop
  into an X suite.  This tool, WordNet from a group at
  Princeton, has 3 or 4 subdirectories under its src tree.

  lib, xw, xwn, and so forth.  I can modify Imakefiles that
  I have to build the two or three binary files that WordNet
  requires, but don't have a template that I can easily
  modify to create ``libwordnet.a'' or whatever the library
  is called.  One of the src files in src/lib includes
  several <X11/xxxx.h> headers.  That's the difficulty so
  far.

  Can anyone mail me an outline/proto/template of an Imakefile
  that I can modify for this project?

  WordNet has default targets of SunOS, Solaris, SGI, and
  Linux built in... but no *BSD.  I'd like to create at least
  the necessary Imakefiles to make additional ports much
  simpler.

  Thanks much.

  gary

  PS:  Anybody interested in on-line dictionary|wordsmithing
  tools should look into this.  Interesting++;