Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 11:58:48 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forcing renew of DHCP lease

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On 11/05/01 11:36 AM, Peter Brezny sat at the `puter and typed:
> How do you force an interface to renew its dhcp lease?
>=20
> I've tried taking the devise up and down again
>=20
> ifconfig fxp1 down|up
>=20
> and=20
>=20
> ficonfig fxp1 inet DHCP
>=20
> Searched the ifconfig man page for dhcp...no luck...

Try this:
killall dhclient

Then run:
dhclient fxp1

To  verify the  renewal, check  /var/db/dhclient.leases -  usually the
last entry.

This won't  necessarily bring  down your  interface or  even interrupt
your connectivity, but the lease will be updated.

HTH
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

life, n.:
  A whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--