Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:34:12 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        =?windows-1251?Q?Jo=E3o_Fernandes?= <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports system.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 05:31:41PM -0000, Joćo Fernandes wrote:
> Is there anywhere I can read about the ports system? I was thinking about making a ports system UI... cause pib just dosent work for me...
> If there isnt any official place where I can get specific information about it, may you answer a few of my questions?
>
> Where is the regestrys of the system installed packages, of the available packages, and of the dependencys packages on the several packages.
> How can I deinstall a port if the port directory isnt in the port tree anymore?

Do a little research of your own? :)  Read the ports(7) and pkg_add(1)
manpages first; that should give you some idea of where things are.
Then, look over www.FreeBSD.org and see if you can find something
relevant to ports in the Handbook and the FAQ, and maybe some other
documents there (who knows, maybe there's even a Porters' Handbook
somewhere around.. but no, that would be too easy to find, right?..)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.