Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:22:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@sarnoff.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory-Based VFS Question

To fill in some detail: aaron is writing the memory-based file system that
I mentioned on this list a few years back. This is NOT an MFS. This is
more like the "malloc file system", i.e. the file system maintains its own
inodes in memory, as well as data. This is eventually going to support
private name spaces for FreeBSD, but in the intermediate step I think you
folks might find other uses for it too. At the very least I think it will
be a useful "vfs tutorial". Aaron has lots of stuff working at this
point.

ron

Ron Minnich          |"There is no neat distinction between operating system
rminnich@sarnoff.com | software and the software that runs on top of it"
(609)-734-3120       | Jim Allchin, Microsoft. [[[ No Comment ... ]]]
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html