Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 10:42:25 EST
From:      "Christian" <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@COLSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Arcserve client for BSDI

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck running the free Arcserve client for
BSDI on freebsd.  I downloaded it from the website and installed it, and It
seemed to work fine.  It even runs, or looks like it runs properly.  But when I
try to connect to it from the arcserve server running on a novell server it
prompts me for a user name and password, I give it a valid username/password
and it gives me some sort of error message.  I looked in the client's log file
and all it lists is authentication errors (i.e. wrong password).  If some one
is doing this successfully please let me know how to get it working.  The
documentation included with the client is skimpy to say the least.

Thanks,
C.P.

Christian Plazas
Columbus State University