Date:      Fri, 08 Feb 2002 09:41:05 -0800
From:      Kelly Cash <kcash@cenatek.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and Compaq Presario

Hi, I'm trying to load FreeBSD onto a Compaq Presario model 5102US.
I've tried standard install of both FreeBSD 4.4 and 4.5.
They seem to install fine, but when I boot it, the system kernel
panics every time after it configures ppi0 <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0.
Trace is:

fault virtual address	= 0x1
fault code		= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc01b7013
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xc04a1f6c
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xc04a1f88
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
			= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags	= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask		= net tty bio cam
trap number		= 12
panic: page fault