Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 12:31:23 -0500
From:      Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shells shells shells?

Greetings,
I just downloaded and read one person's opinion of the C shell.  I
understand that a question like this can lead to a potential war as
there's probably a great deal of 'personal opinion' surrounding the
person new to UNIX.  (by new I'm implying that I'm unaccustomed to
any particular shell and will be learning whatever shell from the
ground up)  I've been using tcsh up until now as I like one of its
features... namely the 'up arrow' recalling the previously typed
commands.  I also chose tcsh thinking that my knowledge of C would
possibly be of some benefit.  However, now that I'm beginning the
journey of learning scripting, and based on what I just read, I'm
wondering if there's not a better choice???

Opinions?

Thanks

Randy