Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:21:39 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        "David E. Thiel" <lx@redundancy.redundancy.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jerky mouse still in 7.0-RELEASE

David E. Thiel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 08:30:17PM +0200, Teemu Korhonen wrote:
>
>> Did anyone find a solution to the "jerky mouse" -problem? It still exists
>> in 7.0-RELEASE.
>>

> I experienced some relief from this by switching my single-CPU system
> to use hyperthreading, and using an SMP kernel. On dual-core machines,
> it never seems to be a problem for me.

Interesting. I have just source upgraded world and kernel to 7.0
(Actually 7-STABLE), and I am *not* seeing any jerky mouse issues - in
fact the desktop experience is if anything better than in 6-STABLE. My
system is SMP (2 CPUs, not dual core) - so SMP could be a factor.

However I have yet to rebuild userland (X, Gnome etc) - so it will be
interesting to see if that makes any difference.

Cheers

Mark